Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Day 20 - Las Vegas, NV - Williams, AZ

So today started out a little later than I wanted it to again ::sigh:: oh well. I actually didn't wake up early because I didn't get my wake up call...no free internet and faulty wake up calls...hrmm. I had to make two quick pitstops and get some lunch before I could leave Vegas (and probably civilization for a few days).

First, a favor for my dad, the Harley Store. Afterwards, of course, the Hard Rock Cafe. I got my pin; I'm thinking that I'm going to have to get a new board when I get home. I was running out of space as it was but now I've already got Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Minneapolis, Salt Lake City, Lake Tahoe, San Francisco, Los Angeles and now Las Vegas. The last thing before I was officially "Leaving Las Vegas" was to go to the shrine of indulgence, the world buffet at the Rio. It's generally considered to be the best buffet in the country and I'd have to agree. I'm not generally a buffet person but this place was nuts. Seriously 400+ different things, sushi, oysters, prime rib, crab legs and more desserts than you can imagine. I left completely stuffed and my dinner has been a diet coke and a slim jim, still full.




Anyway, I headed out afterwards for the Grand Canyon. Unfortunately, there was a roadblock after the Hoover dam which actually added about an hour to the trip. Because of that I didn't actually get to the Canyon until close to sunset. It was still pretty amazing though, and I can't wait to take the scenic park road tomorrow. It should be a pretty full day, I'm planning to spend an hour or two going around the Grand Canyon and then its off to Zion National Park in Southern Utah. Apparently its even less populated there than in South Dakota so hopefully I won't be sleeping in the car. We'll see!

No comments: